Dear Young Adult Friends and Families with young children!!
(I apologize if this email has been sent to you more than once, or if you have already told me that you will not be attending.)
Summer Sessions at Silver Bay is fast approaching, July 22-28! I am looking forward to seeing many of you there! There is much information below. Please check it out!
1. NOT SIGNED UP FOR NYYM SESSIONS YET? No problem! You can still register! go to www.nyym.org for registration information. I can help answer any questions you might have! Please, do not let funding keep you away. Though the deadline is passed, please contact me if you need help with the fees. email@example.com.
2. There is some great planning in store for Young Adult Friends and Families at Sessions. Games, Kayaks, discussions and fellowship! Please make sure you come to the Young Adult Opening Meeting on Sunday evening, July 22. Also, check in on my YA Field Secretary table through the week for updates and information! I look forward to seeing you! www.nyym.org.
3. WHAT WILL THE YA FIELDSECRETARY BE DOING?? I am going to be facilitating 2 interest groups at Silver Bay this year. Tuesday I will be showing Friends the results of the survey I have been conducting since September, and talking about my work over the past year with Young Adults and Families with Young Children. Wednesday evening there is another interest group about Families in our Monthly, Regional and Yearly Meeting. This will focus on what is happening, and what we need to happen to best support our families, as well as attract and keep new ones. Monday will be an exciting Plenary with Jon Watts and Magdalene Harrison YACC has arranged for a session with Jon Watts and Maggie Harrison, the plenary Speakers, on Tuesday afternoon.
4. CAN’T FIND TRANSPORTATION? This is from the June info share
Car Pool … Train Pool … Taxi Pool Transportation to Silver Bay
This year the NYYM Sessions Committee is trying to facilitate travel to Summer Sessions at Silver Bay. If you would like to offer a ride, need a ride, or want to share train travel to Silver Bay please contact the NYYM at office [at] nyym.org. Put TRAVEL in the subject line. We are also trying to arrange taxi or volunteer transport to meet the 1:17 p.m. train in Ticonderoga on Sunday, July 22, 2012.
Amtrak has a special offer that's good all summer and into the fall, except Labor Day, for trips to Ticonderoga—from anywhere along the NYC-Montreal route. If two adults travel together the second ticket is free. Kids already travel half price.
5. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE PART OF EXCITING CHANGES ON YOUNG ADULT CONCERNS COMMITTEE (YACC) and CIRCLE OF YOUNG FRIENDS?? We are looking to get input about what you want and need. We are also looking to include new members. Not sure what this means? Contact Gabi, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
6. MEETINGS FOR DISCERNMENT is on Tuesday July 24. This is a series of worship sessions with queries to sit with. The intent is to hear about the condition of monthly meetings and the body of the Yearly Meeting through the ministry of Friends speaking out of the silence as led by spirit. It is an opportunity for the Yearly Meeting to discern what is rising among us. This is a rich opportunity to hear what is rising in the different Monthly Meetings in our Yearly Meeting.
7. QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? CONCERNS? SMART REMARKS? Please contact me! Are there things you would like to see at Sessions? I look forward to hearing from you! Is this your first time at Sessions? Please let me know, so I can make sure to find you!
See you at the Bay!
Gabi Savory Bailey